Sidebar

XashXT Cookbook WIP

CRxTRDude

Dude extraordinare
Награды
nikkishore.wordpress.com
XashXT Cookbook WIP

Since this is now the official home of Xash, might as well post this here. This will be now the official thread to the XashXT Cookbook that I am also working on at the same time as the mod, Nikki Shore. I've been busy juggling the game and the comic at the same time, so it's hard to say when it's done, probably the same time as the mod.

So what has done so far:
  • Partial modding basics, starting a mod
  • Some articles about modding
  • Partial list of definition for entities (some courtesy of the official helpfile and TWHL)

I've accumulated some tutorials that are useful and resources from old sites for modding such as creating custom menus and mapping techniques.

(and I'm still confused with func_train unfortunately ;) )

I'll be posting here with updates if it's done or something. I'll keep in touch here for that.

EDIT:
Well, it's that time again, and now I have edited the Xash3D wiki to have the cookbook there: Here is the link to the cookbook. So far, only 3 recipes are there, the basic tutorials are on the mod side only and none else.

Thanks ILZM for putting the link on the wiki (despite the fact that I've been there before).
I hope that I can make a decent documentation worthy of this engine in the coming days as the Nikki mod goes further and further within the development cycle. :]

Последнее редактирование:

CRxTRDude

Dude extraordinare
Награды
nikkishore.wordpress.com
Yeah, I saw the documentation and it's slightly similar to the manual and the russian version of it was more informative.

I'll check it out a bit more and see differences there.

Or, I can just expound the documentation there, that might be a good idea, i think. I'll might need to sign up to the wiki though...

CRxTRDude

Dude extraordinare
Награды
nikkishore.wordpress.com
XashXT Cookbook in the Xash3D Wiki

BUMP UPDATE: I have just added the cookbook in the Wiki page of Xash3D. See updated top post. I also updated my link to the cookbook in my sig as well!

CRxTRDude

Dude extraordinare
Награды
nikkishore.wordpress.com
ILZM сказал(а):
2 CRxTRDude: , good job! However, I think u should write articles in more academic way :) .
Yeah, i'm doing that along the way. I'm doing this rushed though so that I can polish it eventually. I aim that anyone could understand what the content is first before they will be polished with grammar checks and modification.

But just so you know that most of the recipes are written as is from their original pages, since I've only copy pasted them along with modifications for XashXT, so expect them to some having grammar errors, but I'll intervene if necessary.

I'll be transferring more stuff soon, so I'll be posting if some of them are done.

CRxTRDude

Dude extraordinare
Награды
nikkishore.wordpress.com
UPDATE: Progress and new articles

Here's what I did for the cookbook now:

Check the cookbook today, comments, suggestions, violent reactions and stuff can be posted in this little thread.

CRxTRDude

Dude extraordinare
Награды
nikkishore.wordpress.com
Дядя Миша сказал(а):
i'm don't know what is the "cookbook by CRxTRDude" but i hope what is useful thing.
Well, I can say it's primary purpose is for myself, but I figured that I want to share the knowledge regarding XashXT to anyone and not just myself.

Don't worry though, I'll make sure that this cookbook will serve as a beneficial guide and tool for making mods using XashXT and I'm making sure it will be nice ;)

Right now, I just finished basic modding, next up basic mapping for the tutorials, I have more recipes coming too! ^^

Донат - Операционные расходы

Итого
1 280.00 $
Цель
1 300.00 $
Донат завершается:

Доноры Красавчики

Новые сообщения

Пользователи онлайн

Нет пользователей онлайн.